I struggle with perfection. It’s especially true when it comes to my work. I start to learn something new and then see how others are doing and then set myself up for achieving that stature and shackle myself with that perfect image of what I need to be and then I struggle. Every mis-step I take after that hurts and every lapse – I judge myself forcefully. It’s been going on in my life for a very long time. I have this perfect, pristine self-image which I have made myself a slave of. I struggle carrying that image in my head and shoulders and I crumble.
As I journaled today I realize that I need to step back and take a look at how I put myself in misery and how I can break out of it. As I started to write I realize that the only way I can do it is:
- Grateful – Be grateful of the opportunity provided. This would change my attitude and mindset.
- Make it small – break down the task at hand in smallest piece possible and work on it
- Failure is ok – I can fail and it’s going to be ok
- Trust – trust my intuition
- Expectation – expect great experience.