In his great book called – The Now Habit – Niel Fiore describes how producers differ from procrastinators. Here are 5 common sentences that needs to be replaced in procrastinator’s language.
- I have to ==> replace with ==> I choose to
- I must finish ==> replace with ==> When can I start?
- This is so big ==> replace with ==> I can take one small step.
- I must be perfect ==> replace with ==> I can be human
- I don’t have time to play ==> replace with ==> I must take time to play
This book has such a unique take on procrastination. Everything he talks about how and why people procrastinate – I can relate to. I have a plan setup for the next one week. I will be following the techniques taught in this book and see how I fare.