I am a fan of SaaS (Software as a Service). I love the Salesforce’s model of hosting software. Even though ASP (Application Service Provider) model has been around for a long time, I think Salesforce has injected fresh energy into this market. But this is mostly for business people. I think we should have something called spiritualforce.com. A web services hosting provider for all the new age guru’s like Deepak Chopra, Bob Doyle, James Ray, Wayne Dyer. This site would have facilities for:
- Hosting each Guru’s course ware in all media formats: audio, video, text etc
- Providing easy contacts and mailing list options
- Able to conduct selective pilot programs with pre-selected members
- Provide discounts for members of one Guru to another or across the domain
- Once a week or month have a public panel of all the Gurus’ together online at one time so that member can watch them discuss and ask questions.
- Providing live chat with Gurus.
- Every teacher will have his/her own blog.
This basically will make it easier for any spiritual teacher to open up his own shop and teach what he/she believes in. I am sure this could either be done as a Salesforce module but I think it would be cool to have just spiritual people gather around one set of software services. I also believe the with enough customizations Drupal or mephisto could be used too. This will reduce a lot of redoing of the software for these teachers.
One thought on “Spiritual Force – An Idea”
You could build this on our platform. Our customization makes it very easy to create a result that fits your needs. I’m happy to discuss.